Monday, September 20, 2010

Such Unbelievable Beauty...

Many of us search for that thing that makes our heart jump. 
Many of us look for that in relationships, feel good movies and music, art, books, etc.
We long to feel excitement and a rush of passion. 
Yet, many of us seem to feel bored, lost, and empty.
Perhaps maybe in the times of being lost and empty, we attempt to find joy in the wrong places?


God has really messed me up recently. I've been in kind of a limbo for the last month or so, just trying to remove things in my life, and figure out what it truly takes to be a leader. I've battled with emotions towards people, thoughts of doubt, and unsteadiness in my walk with God. 


Everybody encounters this kind of stuff at one point or another, but God really showed me something:


How many of us resort to negative thoughts and comments towards people to make up for how we truly feel inside?
How many of us do long for something bigger, more than just living the average life?
How many of us get distracted easily by life and the problems and trials that come about?


Most of you say yes to those questions right?


How about this:


How often, when we get caught up in life, just stop... and look at God and his creation?
How often, do we take off our blindfolds that the world hands us, and look around to see how amazing life can be?


For some of us, it's rare that we do that. And for most of us, we never do.
It's simple truth really.


Life for EVERY THING is meant to be lived wild and free. Crazy thought right? It is though. 
Look at a tree for instance, see how it bends and moves and doesn't have figure? It's free to do whatever. 
OR, how about grass? Same thing right? 
Ants, bears, leaves, lightning, oceans, lakes, land, clouds, wind, and even us... are meant to be crazy, wild, and beautiful.


My point is, why try and control this miraculous beauty? Look at a cloud. God made that cloud. It has no form. No shape. No radius. Nothing. It just... is. Yet, we still try and give it shape in our minds, we still try and label it. Why are we always try to classify things? Take control of things in our mind SO THAT WE CAN UNDERSTAND IT? 
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of trying to understand everything. I know my purpose. I know why I'm here. But the arguing and debating. The cycles of frustration with not having money and wondering what step I'm supposed to take next.... I'm done trying to figure it out. I'll leave that to God to reveal. In the meantime, I'll just focus on Him and His beauty. Life can be wonderful, if we allow it to be, instead of always trying to take the reins. 


For me, I know what makes my heart jump.
I do like to have relationships with people, watch movies, listen to music, etc. But I don't lean on that to make life wondrous.
For me, not knowing what's next and relying on God, brings excitement and passion into my life.


Don't try to over analyze the philosophy and the theology that we see around us from day to day. It just brings confusion...


Maybe this is for you, I don't know. But maybe you'll find what I found in Christ and His love. 


Capt. JD Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment