Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pullin' Hairs

Gah. I don't even know where to begin.
I was listening to some music and just suddenly felt the urge to start blogging, so here's what's kind of on my heart... just know I'm not perfect either.

Ever felt like you are just within the reach of walking with God in complete perfection? Like almost as if you know you are so close to never messing up again? Yet you know that you're having what some people call, a "spiritual high", or you're "on the mountain" in that time of your life? And you just want to keep it that way?

...but there's that underlying thought that you know you're gonna mess up again, and suddenly be back in the valley.



Geeze my life the last few months has been just like God is pullin' hairs off my head. It hurts a little, but more than that it's annoying... Yet it's been a huge time of growth for me.
For me, these hairs that have been pulled aren't just to annoy the crap out of me, but to keep me focused.

How many of us can say that we get SOOO distracted, super easily? See that's what God has been working on in me.

The annoying thought that has been crossing my mind a lot lately, is excellence. It's been a huuuge thing for me. I'm tired of just living life. I want more than that. I long to see peace in other lives. I love seeing people strive and change their old ways to new ways that fit in God's plan. Yet for some reason, I haven't seen that lately. I have only seen people stay stagnant. Without moving forward. They aren't moving backwards, but they seem almost as if they aren't doing anything.

How much longer do we have to understand that God is calling us to much more than to just LIVE LIFE? Why do we seem to push the things that HE wants to do in our life... away???


It's so annoying to see the garbage that is on TV and the trash music that people listen to... the nasty and disturbing habits that people have...

God wants more than that. More. More. More. More.
He wants us to go deeper. Deeper. Deeper. Deeper. Deeper.

These are just thoughts. Take them as you will. I'm just not content with life. I want more.

But one thing I do: Forgetting what's behind, and focusing on what's ahead. Pressing towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.

Philippians 3:13-14
My life's verse.

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, I know exactly what you are saying. This is a huge burden on mine and Joe's heart. God should not be a compartment of our life He should BE our life. We see it all the time, just the casualness of Christianity. We are in this world but not of this world. We are supposed to be different and even peculiar. It's refreshing hearing this from you....God is really pulling at your heart (hair):) listen.....

    ReplyDelete